PHYSICAL PLANT SERVICES
SERVICE REQUEST PROCESS:
- Physical Plant Services receives approximatly 1800 service requests per month.
- To avoid delays please ensure that your request includes all pertinent and accurate information.
- This will assist Physical Plant Services in providing a quality and safe service to the University community.
TYPE OF REQUESTS: Services are categorized in three groups:
URGENT: These are generally work orders which if not addressed ASAP, will cause injury to self or to property. These will be attended to within 24 hours of the request.
ROUTINE: Most service requests fall into this category. They are scheduled in accordance with the availability of personel, as well as materials and other resources. Most routine work orders will be completed within ten calendar days.
SCHEDULED/PROJECTS: These work orders are subject to resources allocation and maybe combined with other work orders. May involve planning and design work. Generally involves trades and perhaps outside contractors with specialized skills not available to the staff. This process requires a cost estimate, to be performed by Physical Plant Services and/or a contractor to provide the requestor of the project with a budget.
Physical Plant provides the following services for Acadia University:
- Custodial Services
- Management Maintenance
- Repair & Preventative Maintenance
- Central Heating Plant Operations
- Grounds Care/Snow Removal
- Controls & Energy Management
- Swimming Pool Maintenance
- Arena Ice Maintenance
- Project Management
Physical Plant Services Has All The Necessary Trained Employees In Every Trade Or Profession.